What can you do to help the future of Frome?
- Become a Mayday Supporter
- Comment and encourage others to make comments in support
- Write to your District Councillor and ask them to stand up for the future of Frome
- Chip in to our Legal Campaign on Crowd Justice
- Join the Mayday Street Team
- Follow Mayday Saxonvale on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
Become a Mayday Supporter
We listen to the people of Frome and are supported by its residents, join us!
By registering as a supporter with Mayday Saxonvale we will keep you updated with the campaign and your name will be added to our Mayday Saxonvale Supporter list and to our Open Letter to Ross Wyke. We will email you a badge like this one which you can share on social media.
Comment in support,
and encourage others to comment too
The main way we tell Mendip District Council what Frome thinks is through comments on our planning application. Please ensure you have sent in your comment of support to Mendip District Council.
If you know of friends, family, and colleagues who would support the Mayday plan, encourage them to make a comment. It takes less than two minutes, but could make all the difference!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting application number 2021/2373/OTA and state “I Support” with your comment.
Write to your District Councillor
1. Click on the link to email your District Councillor:
- Market Ward: Michael Dunk & John Clarke
- Keyford Ward: Helen Kay
- College Ward: Drew Gardner
- Berkley Down Ward: Janine Nash & Eve Berry
- Park Ward: Damon Hooton & Richard Pinnock
- Oakfield Ward: Helen Sprawson-White
- Keyford Ward: Shane Collins
- College Ward: Adam Boyden
3. Tell them why Mendip should change course, what it means for the future of Frome, what it means to you as their constituent.
> Could this choice against Frome’s future sway your vote in the upcoming elections?
> Some key points you might make about Mayday Saxonvale’s policy compliant, community led masterplan for Saxonvale in Frome:
- Employment space to provide 500+ Jobs in Frome’s town centre
- A genuine town centre extension
- A new school site for St. Johns
- 40% affordable homes
- A public, outdoor pool, and other community owned assets
- A local, not for profit, social enterprise
- Pedestrian priority with parking hidden from view
- No traffic lights at Garsdale/Portway roundabout
- Retain great majority of heritage buildings
- Operates at net zero emissions